- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal To Make Improved Offer After €41m Bid Rejected – Reports
Sky Sports News claim that Arsenal are ready to make an improved offer for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after Borussia Dortmund rejected our opening €41m bid.
Arsene Wenger is being tipped to bring in another forward this summer and Aubameyang has emerged as a prime target in recently with the Metro reporting last week that the boss was desperate to land the Gabon international striker and was lining-up a ‘huge’ offer.
It appears that offer has now gone in as Sky Sports News claim that we’re now lining-up an improved €43m (£30m) bid after Dortmund supposedly rejected our opening €41m offer – which equates to around £28.7m.
Aubameyang has become one of the best forwards in the Bundesliga since joining Dortmund from St Etienne in 2013 and he scored 26 goals last season despite not always being played as a centre-forwrd.
The 26-year-old is known for his pace and a front-line consisting of Sanchez, Walcott and Aubameyang would be a frightening prospect for opposition defences if he was to join Arsenal.
However, it seems Dortmund are determined to keep hold of the player so we’ve got our work cut out trying to persuade them to sell this summer.
Sporting director Michael Zorc is quoted as saying by Sky Sports:
“We rely heavily on Aubameyang – that is no secret.
“I’ve heard a lot about this (a transfer to Arsenal) but I can say very clearly that it is blocked for him. He is simply not for sale.”
We’ll have to wait and see whether Aubameyang really isn’t for sale or if Dortmund are just trying to push his price up but I think he’d be an excellent signing if we could pull it off.
My preferred option remains Karim Benzema but if Real Madrid refuse to cash-in on the Frenchman then we should go all-out to lure Aubameyang away from Germany. Let’s be honest, every player has a price….