- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Video: Sanchez Creates Opener With Superb Pass As Chile Beat Peru
Arsenal attacker Alexis Sanchez was in action for his country again last night and played a key role in helping Chile reach the final of the Copa America with a 2-1 win over Peru.
With the scores tied at 0-0, Sanchez unlocked the Peruvian defence just before half-time with a superb pass which was initially meant for Aranguiz but the ball came back off the post and eventually fell to Vargas who tapped home for 1-0.
Peru equalised in the 60th minute before Vargas won it for the hosts four minutes later thanks to a stunning 25-yard strike that sent Chile into their first Copa America final in 28 years.
Obviously it’s great for Sanchez that his country are in the final but it means it will further delay his return to Arsenal. The final will be held on July 4 and with Arsene promising to give him a full four weeks rest after the tournament, Sanchez won’t even start his pre-season training until the start of August.
He’s therefore unlikely to play any part in the Community Shield against Chelsea on August 2nd and will have just a week to prepare for the Premier League opener against the Hammers the following Saturday, so it looks like we’ll have to make do without our Chilean superstar for the opening few games of next season.
Here are some highlights from last nights game:
— Arsenal America (@arsenalamerica) June 30, 2015