- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Key Arsenal Target Has ‘Agreed €35m Move’, According To His Agent
Could Arsenal have already found a new striker? According to the agent of long-term target Jackson Martinez, the forward is set to join a top European club in a €35m deal.
Martinez has constantly been linked with a move to England – Arsenal in particular – and he is expected to finally seal his big-money move this summer after scoring 32 goals in 42 appearances for Porto last season.
Speculation has said that Arsene Wenger has made Martinez a top target as he looks to bring in a world class finisher to help make us genuine title challengers again next year.
Reports last month claimed the Colombian international had agreed personal terms over a move to Arsenal and the Mirror then suggested last week that the striker was ‘desperate’ to make the move to North London.
Now, the 28-year-old’s agent Luiz Henrique Pompeo has told reporters that Martinez has agreed to join an unnamed ‘top European club’ after they agreed to meet his €35m (£25m) buy-out clause.
“The departure from Porto will be a reality in the coming days. Just details are missing.
“Porto will receive the full €35m [£25m] of his release clause. Jackson will continue in a top European club.”
Hmmm, interesting. So we’ve either got ourselves a new goalscorer, or missed out on other top target. My gut feeling is we aren’t the mystery club the players agent is speaking of.
Some bookies have us as the narrow favourites ahead of AC Milan, with the Italians hotly tipped to steal his signature in the papers recently.
However, Arsene has openly admitted his admiration for the striker in recent months so perhaps the boss has taken a gamble and spent big on a top class finisher?
Only time will tell….