- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsene Wenger On Reports He’s Lining-Up Bids For £60m Duo
Arsene Wenger has refused to rule out moves for Arturo Vidal and Karim Benzema amid reports we are interested in the world class duo.
Reports emerging from South America over the weekend claimed that we had agreed personal terms with Juventus midfielder Vidal and would announce his signing after next months Copa America tournament.
It was suggested that we had struck a deal after meeting the Chilean international’s agent in London last week, with Juve demanding £25m for his signature.
Arsene was predictably quizzed on these rumours at his press conference this morning and somewhat surprisingly, the boss admitted he likes the midfielder, but said he’s not in ‘transfer mode’ right now.
He told Arsenal.com:
on Arturo Vidal rumours…
If I tell you I like him, you will announce the transfer just after that. If you want me to say I like Arturo Vidal, yes I like Arturo Vidal. Are we in a transfer mode? I say, no.
Another player we’ve been strongly linked with in recent days is Karim Benzema with reports suggesting that we are lining-up a £40m move for the Real Madrid hitman.
Wenger was a little more cryptic when asked about his interest in the Frenchman, simply saying he didn’t know if the reports were true or not. [well if you don't know Arsene, who does?!].
on Karim Benzema…
You can suspect that at the moment I am not in a transfer mode. We’ll deal with the transfers after the FA Cup final. It’s all suspicions. Does anybody know if that’s true or not? I don’t know.
Obviously Vidal and Benzema are dream signings for us and like many fans, I’d love to see them arrive at the Emirates this summer. No doubt Arsene would be keen if they were available but would Juventus or Madrid cash-in?
Of the two, I’d say Vidal is the most likely to be sold, but I think Arsenal would benefit most from signing Benzema, so hopefully once Rafa Benetiz is officially confirmed as their new manager, he tells Madrid bosses that he’s prepared to sell the striker.
Not likely, I know, but we can all dream….