- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
Arsenal To Make €50m Striker Bid, Player Keen On Move – Reports
According to reports today, Arsenal believe Karim Benzema is keen on making a move to North London as Arsene Wenger prepares to launch an audacious €50m bid for the Real Madrid hitman.
Benzema has long been on Wenger’s radar. We were interested when he left Lyon back in 2009 and have pretty-much been linked every summer since.
It appears the rumour mill has started early this year as Goal are reporting today that the boss is ready to make an ambitious €50m (£35m) move for the French international.
The report claims that Arsenal chiefs believe Benzema is interested in making a move to the Emirates if we can agree a fee with the Spanish giants this summer.
The 27-year-old has just enjoyed another productive season at the Bernabeu that saw him score 22 goals in 46 appearances but despite that return, he’s still been targetted for rough treatment by some sections of the Madrid fan-base at times.
Speculation last week suggested that Carlo Ancelotti was ready to cash-in on the striker but with the Italian coach now sacked, much will depend on what the new manager’s plans are.
Rafa Benitez is the red-hot favourite to take over at Madrid and if he wants to mix things up in attack then Benzema could be the man to be sacrificed as he’s highly unlikely to sell Ronaldo or Bale.
Like most fans, I think we need a top class striker to make us genuine title challengers next season and Benzema would be a dream signing. We certainly have the money needed to pull off an ambitious move for the Frenchman but we’ll have to wait and see how things develop at Madrid before anything happens.
They will have to appoint a new manager then he’ll have to hold talks with the likes of Florentino Perez to decide their transfer strategy, so any possible sale of Benzema is still likely to be several weeks away.
My personal opinion is Madrid will hang on to the striker for at least another year, so Wenger may have to look elsewhere in his hunt for a world class goal-scorer….