- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Arsenal Star Named In Team of the Week But No Place For Ozil
Arsenal attacker Alexis Sanchez has been named in the WhoScored Premier League Team of the Week but there was no place for playmaker Mesut Ozil.
Sanchez had another outstanding game as his first half brace helped us on the way to a comfortable 3-1 victory over Hull City on Monday night.
His performance earned him an overall score of 9.85, which not only sees him make the Team of the Week, but it was also the highest mark awarded to any player in the entire gameweek.
However, there was no place for Mesut Ozil, despite the German international putting in another sensational display at the KC Stadium.
Ozil ran the show for much of the game and showcased an array of silky touches, flicks and tricks as well as his usual pin-point passing skills during the game.
But surprisingly it was only enough to secure him a score of 7.4, which was nowhere near enough to see him named in the TOTW.
I suppose a fancy flick doesn’t earn you extra bonus points and as he wasn’t among the goals or assists, he struggled to generate a top score with WhoScored. Whatever, he was still my MOTM yesterday.
Here’s how the WhoScored Team of the Week looks: