- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Suffer Fresh Fitness Doubt Ahead Of Liverpool Clash, Midfielder Sent Home
Arsenal have yet another fitness doubt ahead of Saturday’s clash with Liverpool after Tomas Rosicky was released by the Czech Republic after picking up a heavy cold.
It’s reported that Rosicky was feeling under the weather in the lead up to the Latvia game at the weekend but played through it to earn his 100th international cap.
Czech coach Pavel Vrba has decided not to risk him for Tuesday’s friendly against Slovakia so Rosicky has been sent back to North London to recuperate.
In an interview with Czech TV, national team coordinator Dusan Fitzel confirmed that Rosicky and Chelsea’s Petr Cech will be among four players who will miss tomorrow’s game:
“We did so by prior arrangement and took into account the health status of some players.
“The coach, Pavel Vrba, moreover, was notified in advance and will give an opportunity against the Slovak Republic to players who, in the past, have not had adequate representation.”
As long as the cold doesn’t develop into something more serious, such as flu, then hopefully Tomas will be able to shake it off and be available to face Liverpool on Saturday lunchtime.
Rosicky becomes the latest Arsenal player to be released from international duty early due to a fitness-related issue, with Danny Welbeck and Aaron Ramsey both picking up knocks over the past week.
Let’s pray no other players suffer any injuries tomorrow night….