- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsene Wenger Confirms Midfielder Return But Duo Still 3 Weeks Away
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Tomas Rosicky should be available to face Newcastle but Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Debuchy are still three weeks away from full fitness.
Rosicky has missed the last three games through illness but speaking to reporters at his pre-match press conference this morning, the boss says the Czech midfielder could be back in contention for the trip to St James’ Park on Saturday.
As we reported, Arteta and Debuchy returned to light training last week. The skipper has been out for over three months due to a troublesome calf injury but he’s finally on the road to recovery.
Debuchy has endured an injury-plagued first season at the club and after missing the first half of the campaign with an ankle injury, he was forced on the sidelines again in early January after dislocating his shoulder.
However, the defender is also closing in on making his comeback but Arsene has claimed that he and Arteta will need at least three more weeks training before they’ll be in contention for a first team place.
Here’s what Wenger told reporters this morning:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) March 19, 2015