- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsenal Team News: Wenger On Ramsey, Coquelin, Wilshere & Flamini
It’s been another busy day of team and injury news at Arsenal so I’ll give you a round-up of the latest updates ahead of our clash with Queens Park Rangers.
Arsene Wenger spoke to the media on Tuesday morning and gave Arsenal.com a full team news update in preparation for our trip to Loftus Road tomorrow.
The good news is that Ramsey is back in the squad after recovering from a hamstring injury that’s kept him out for three weeks.
The Welshman returned to full training last Friday so he’s had a few days to get back up to speed and I’d expect him to be named in the starting eleven on Wednesday night.
It’s been a frustrating season for Rambo in terms of injuries and Arsene thinks the midfielder may have lost a little bit of confidence in his body. Let’s hope that confidence comes back soon as we need him fit and firing.
The boss also gave an update on Wilshere and confirmed that there is no time-frame for his return following his minor ankle surgery, but he’s certain to be out until after the FA Cup clash with Man Utd next Monday.
The final news was on Flamini and the Frenchman will also miss at least the next two games with an on-going hamstring injury that’s already kept him out for three weeks.
All-in-all, the squad isn’t in bad shape and the return of Ramsey should give us a big boost heading into the QPR game.
Here’s what Wenger told Arsenal.com:
on the team news…
Aaron Ramsey is back in the squad. From Sunday against Everton, I don’t think we lost anybody. We have to check Francis Coquelin with the medical people this morning in training to see whether he’ll be available or not, but there’s no obvious reason why he should not be available.
on Mathieu Flamini…
Mathieu Flamini is not far away but not close enough. I think he will miss the next two games.
on Jack Wilshere…
He’s doing well but it takes some time to heal the wound after the surgery. It will take him a few days.
on Wilshere’s availability for Man United game…
It will be too soon. I don’t set any dates, but what is for sure is that for Man United he will not be available.
on Ramsey needing to be strong mentally…
When you have a repetition of muscular injuries, in can put the handbrake on your body a little bit. To get rid of that is a psychological problem. I don’t think he suffers from that, looking at him in training. Certainly, you lose a bit of confidence in your body.