- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
Arsenal In Pole Position To Lane €40m Striker – Reports
According to reports, Arsenal in pole position to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this summer.
The 25-year-old has been tipped to leave Dortmund at the end of the season after a hugely frustrating year which has seen them sit in the bottom three of the Bundesliga table for most of the campaign.
Jurgen Klopp’s men have enjoyed a mini-revival of late but they’re still 12th and highly unlikely to qualify for the Champions League next season, so a number of players could be looking for a fresh start.
Aubameyang could be one such player and the Metro are quoting reports coming out of Spain which claim that Arsenal have been making regular checks on the striker in recent months.
Liverpool and AC Milan are also understood to be keen but the newspaper suggests that Arsenal are in pole position and are ‘closing in on a deal’, while Dortmund are supposedly resigned to losing him and have made it clear they’ll sell for €40m (£30m) this summer.
Who knows how much truth there is in this report but Aubameyang would be a decent signing. He’s predominantly a right-winger but can also play through the middle or from the left, so he’d be able to fill a number of positions.
The Gabon international is tall, strong and lightning quick, and he’s scored an impressive 22 goals in 54 games for Dortmund since joining in 2013, despite not being a regular every week.
We’ll have to see whether anything comes of this or whether it’s just paper talk, but I think Aubameyang would be an interesting addition if we do end up doing a deal this summer.