- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
Some excellent news as reports this morning suggest that Alexis Sanchez will be fit to return for Arsenal this weekend against Tottenham Hotspur.
Sanchez missed Sunday’s 5-0 thrashing of Aston Villa after picking up a tight hamstring in training last week.
Arsene Wenger said he didn’t want to take any risks with the Chilean international so left him out against Villa as a precaution.
But we’ve all been there before when a ‘minor’ problem suddenly turns into a four week injury so it’s a relief to read in the Mirror that Arsenal expect Sanchez to be fit for this weekend’s action.
We make a huge trip to White Hart Lane on Saturday lunchtime to play Spurs with just two points separating us in the league table.
Thankfully we hold the advantage so a draw could even be perceived as a positive result for us, but a win would open up a five point gap so I certainly hope we go there looking to win the game.
Obviously Sanchez’s return is a major boost. It was disappointing to see him left on the bench when we played Tottenham at the Emirates earlier in the season but no doubt Arsene will put him in from the start this time around.