- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
RATINGS: Cazorla Sensational As Arsenal Beat Man City 2-0
Arsenal produced a magnificent performance to beat Manchester City 2-0 at the Etihad Stadium this afternoon thanks to goals from Santi Cazorla and Olivier Giroud. Here are my ratings:
Ospina - 7/10 – Made a couple of routine saves and claimed some crosses. Looks like he’s now our No.1 for the foreseeable future.
Bellerin - 8/10 – Looked calm and composed at right-back. Huge opportunity for him over the next few months.
Mertesacker - 8/10 – Comfortable and was rarely under too much pressure – which is testament to how well we played as a team.
Koscielny - 8/10 – Didn’t give Aguero a sniff. Solid as a rock. Let’s hope he’s put his injury worries behind him as he’s vital to us.
Monreal - 8/10 – Another strong performance from Nacho. Won the penalty too.
Coquelin - 9/10 – Outstanding. This was a big game for him to prove himself and he passed with playing colours. Have we found our DM?
Ramsey - 7.5/10 – Worked hard as always and ran himself into the ground, but he still looked rusty as his touch was poor at times.
The Ox - 7/10 – Always eager to try and makes things happen on the break on but final ball and passing was sloppy at times.
Cazorla - 10/10 – Simply on another level. Scored the penalty, assisted Giroud’s goal, dribbled, tackled and was the hub of everything positive in our play. Just ridiculously good.
Sanchez - 7.5/10 – Was dangerous on the break but it wasn’t really his day as things just didn’t come off for him. Worked his nuts off again though.
Giroud – 8/10 – Lovely headed goal and his hold-up play was key in our counter-attacking game and relieving some pressure on the defence.
Rosicky – 7/10 – Used the ball well when he came on.
Gibbs – N/A
Flamini – N/A
This was a hugely surprising performance, but certainly a welcome one. I’ve been waiting for us to put in this kind of display against one of the big boys and we finally showed what we’re capable of when we have the discipline to protect the defence.
More of the same please Arsene!