- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
Arsenal Set To Miss Out On ‘New Paul Pogba’ After Chelsea Agree Deal
Arsenal look set to miss out on the signature of highly-rated French starlet Rayan Souici with Chelsea understood to have agreed a deal with Saint-Etienne, according to reports today.
Souici has emerged as one of the top talents in his homeland and his impressive displays in the center of midfield have led to him being dubbed as the ‘new Paul Pogba’.
His potential has alerted a whole host of European clubs, with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all believed to be keen on luring him to the Premier League.
Arsene Wenger obviously has an excellent knowledge of the French market and reports just last week suggested that we were leading the chase for the 16-year-old’s signature.
However, the Express claim today that Chelsea are now on the verge of snapping up the French Under-16 star after supposedly agreeing a deal with his current club Saint-Etienne.
Jose Mourinho expects to wrap up the deal later this week after offering the teenager a three-year contract to move to Stamford Bridge, and the Blues boss is confident he will settle in well thanks to the presence of former team-mate Kurt Zouma.
Souici certainly sounds like he has a bright future ahead of him so it’s disappointing to lose out to Chelsea – if they do end up signing him.
Perhaps this explains why Arsenal have reportedly stepped up their interest in Polish youngster Krystian Bielik. He’s just turned 17 and is also a defensive midfielder, and reports suggest we’re close to agreeing terms with Legia Warsaw over his signing.