- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger Responds To Reports Of £8m Defender Move
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has dismissed reports suggesting Arsenal are closing in on an £8m deal for Ipswich Town defender Tyrone Mings.
Wenger has admitted he’ll sign another centre-back in January and speculation in the newspapers recently has claimed that he’s ‘expected’ to wrap up an £8m deal for Mings next month.
However, when asking if he had a deal in place to sign Mings, Wenger told Arsenal.com:
No. The intensity of the link is not down to us.
Arsene has previously confirmed the 21-year-old is a player we’re keeping a close eye on, so we’re definitely interested, but it seems a deal isn’t as close as the papers would have us believe.
We’ll have to see how this story develops over the coming weeks but I hope the boss brings in whoever he wants ASAP as he need to strengthen the defence and midfield quickly.