- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
RATINGS: Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Sloppy Gunners Blow It At Anfield
Arsenal almost got away with robbery at Anfield but predictably blew it after conceding a late equaliser deep into stoppage time.
It was an awful all-round performance form the boys in the first half and we were extremely fortunate to go in level at the break after Debuchy had cancelled out Coutinho’s effort.
Giroud gave us an undeserved lead midway through the second half and despite Borini being sent off for Liverpool, the hosts got the goal we all knew was coming in the 97th minute to make it 2-2.
Here are my player ratings:
Szczesny – 7/10 - Could do little for either of the goals and made a couple of fine stops. The save for Borini’s header in particular.
Debuchy – 7/10 - Surprisingly kept at centre-back and did okay against Sterling. Got us back in the game with a header before half-time.
Mertesacker – 6/10 - Made some important interceptions but what on earth was he doing for the Skrtel goal when he ducked out the way?! [See picture above]
Chambers – 5/10 - Given a tough time by Lallana, Markovic and Sterling at times down the right.
Gibbs – 6/10 - Steady performance from Gibbs but should probably have stepped back on to the front post at the corner where he could have cleared Skrtel’s header.
Flamini – 5/10 - A liability in the first half and was lucky not to be sent off. Much better after the break though.
Oxlade-Chamberlain – 4/10 - Totally out of sorts. Hopefully he wasn’t fit and it wasn’t just poor form.
Cazorla – 7.5/10 - Our only decent player in the final third. Lovely interchange to set up Giroud and was the only positive influence going forward.
Alexis – 5/10 - Worked hard but nothing came off from him. Passing poor but his corners were abysmal, barely beating the first man all afternoon.
Giroud – 7/10 - Lovely play with Cazorla before a clinical finish to make it 2-1. Fed off scraps for most of the game though.
Welbeck - 5/10 - Worked hard and put himself about but had virtually no impact in the final third.
Coquelin – 6.5/10 - Did well in his 15 minutes by adding a bit of bite to the midfield.
A dreadful display and we were probably fortunate to come away with a point but as the game panned out, we really should have taken all three back to North London.
The positive is we didn’t lose and are back above Spurs on goal difference. Let’s hope for a much-improved display against Queens Park Rangers on Boxing Day….