- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Player ‘Agrees Personal Terms’ With Arsenal After Talks On Wednesday
Reports today claim that Arsenal are closing in on the signature of Krystian Bielik after holding further talks with the midfielder in London on Wednesday.
The Bielik-to-Arsenal rumours kicked off last week when it was claimed the 16-year-old had held initial talks with Arsene Wenger about a potential move to the Emirates.
Speculation over the weekend suggested we had then tabled a £1.6m bid to his current club Legia Warsaw and persuaded the youngsters parents that Arsenal was the best place for his development.
A deal has now moved even closer as the Evening Standard claim that we’ve agreed personal terms with Bielik and the deal is at an ‘advanced stage’ following lengthy negotiations in North London on Wednesday.
The big sticking point is when the teenager will join. Arsene wants him here in January but Legia Warsaw would prefer to keep him until the end of the season, while his parents think the transition would be easier in the summer.
Bielik and his family have been invited to watch the QPR game at the Emirates on Boxing Day so I’m sure the club will try and finalise the deal at that point, but it remains to be seen whether the boss will get his way and land the player in January or have to wait until the summer.
Bielik has been dubbed as the ‘new Patrick Vieira’ due to his size and presence with the youngster already standing at 6ft 2ins despite being just 16. He’s also a powerful defensive-minded midfielder and has already made six appearances for the Legia first team this season.
He’s obviously not the established defensive midfielder we all want the club to sign in January but he looks to have a bright future ahead of him, so let’s hope we can secure his signature and then get working on bringing in a top class centre-back and holding midfielder next month!