- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Star Could Face Further Surgery To Cure Niggling Injury
Arsenal attacker Theo Walcott may need to undergo surgery to cure a niggling groin injury, it’s been reported today.
Walcott only returned from a 10 month lay-off at the start of last month when he came on as a late substitute against Burnley.
However, he was sidelined again after picking up a groin injury while away with the England squad and despite Arsene Wenger initially claiming it was a minor problem, he’s been on the sidelines for nearly a month.
The Mirror are now claiming that Theo has been undergoing intense treatment to try and cure the problem and Arsene admitted on Friday that the attacker had been given an injection to try and reduce the inflammation.
He told Arsenal.com:
Walcott is still struggling with his groin inflammation. I think he has an injection today to take care of that. Hopefully he can be available again after that. Galatasaray will be too early for him.
The Mirror report that if the latest bout of treatment doesn’t work, then Arsenal fear the only option will be to operate.
The hope is that the injury subsides enough for Walcott to return to training this week, but if he’s not back with the rest of the squad by Friday, then unfortunately the signs are he’ll be going under the knife which will rule him out for the foreseeable future.
It really is a precarious situation and it would be a huge blow if we lose Theo again as we desperately need him back for the festive period.
Let’s pray for good news over the coming days as the Mirror claim that Theo will be assessed on Monday or Tuesday to see how the injury reacted to the injection.