- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Handed HUGE Double Injury Boost
Arsenal have been handed a major double injury boost with Kieran Gibbs and Mikel Arteta expected to be fit to face Burnley this weekend.
Gibbs was forced off with 20 minutes to go during our 2-0 win at Sunderland on Saturday after picking up a pelvic injury.
It was feared that he could be facing a spell on the sidelines but the Daily Mail are reporting that the injury is not a serious one and Arsenal are hopeful he’ll be passed fit to face Burnley this weekend.
This comes as a huge relief as the last thing we needed was Gibbsy being ruled out. We already have Laurent Koscielny and Matheiu Debuchy on the sidelines so for Gibbs to join them would really have stretched our resources at the back.
In a double boost the Mail are also reporting that Mikel Arteta is expected to shake off a minor knock to play on Saturday.
Mikel was substituted in the 88th minute at the Stadium of Light and it was revealed after the game he had picked up a thigh problem.
However, it seems the injury isn’t serious and the skipper will be available to welcome newly-promoted Burnley to the Emirates this weekend.