- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Walcott, Arteta + Gibbs Welcome New Striker To Arsenal On Twitter
It went well into the early hours of Tuesday morning, but Arsenal eventually confirmed the signing of Danny Welbeck from Manchester United.
The club haven’t disclosed the exact fee, but reports believe it’s in the region of £16m, with the 23-year-old signing a five-year deal worth around £95,000-a-week.
He wasn’t the world class striker that many fans were hoping for, but I have a feeling he’ll prove to be an astute purchase and he’s definitely an upgrade on Yaya Sanogo.
With a new signing set to link up with the squad after the international break, some of the Arsenal players have taken to Twitter this morning to react to the news.
Skipper Mikel Arteta along with Kieran Gibbs and Theo Walcott all welcomed Welbeck to Arsenal on the social media site, and the lads seem happy to have him on board.
Here’s what they had to say:
— Kieran Gibbs (@KieranGibbs) September 2, 2014
— Mikel Arteta (@m8arteta) September 2, 2014
— Theo Walcott (@theowalcott) September 2, 2014