- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Set To Meet Agent Of World Class Hitman To Discuss Move
Some interesting reports doing the rounds this afternoon claiming that Arsenal are due to meet with the agent of Radamel Falcao to discuss a potential move to the Emirates.
Fans are crying out for Arsene Wenger to go big in the transfer market during the final days to bring in a top class replacement for Olivier Giroud, with the Frenchman ruled out for four months with a broken tibia.
Falcao has been named as a potential target after Monaco made him available on loan, and although Arsene has played down the links, reports in Italy claim that we are set to hold talks with the strikers agent, Jorge Mendes, and Monaco chiefs to discuss a deal.
Obviously this is exciting news but before you rush out and buy a shirt with ‘Falcao’ on the back, we still have several hurdles to overcome.
Firstly, the report claims that Juventus and Real Madrid are also due to hold talks with the Colombian international. We should be confident of beating Juve to his signature, but I wouldn’t back us to see-off Madrid if they manage to agree a deal.
Secondly, a one-year loan is likely to cost us around £20m – when you factor in a loan fee and his wages – and I personally don’t see Arsene agreeing to pay that kind of money for such a short-term solution.
So unless the boss proves me wrong, or Monaco and Falcao lower their demands, I don’t think we’ll be seeing the player arriving at the Emirates any time soon.
It’s going to be interesting to see what happens over the next four days but I think we need a striker and a defensive midfielder who can also play at centre-back as a minimum if we want to challenge for the title.