- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Agent In London Sealing €15m Deal With Arsenal, Terms Already Agreed
It appears Arsenal are closing in on a deal to sign Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot with reports today claiming that the teenagers agent is in London wrapping up a potential €15m move.
Rabiot is almost certain to leave PSG after turning down a contract extension and with just one year remaining on his current deal, the French giants are ready to cash in.
The Metro claim that Arsenal’s last offer was for €15m and although PSG were initially looking for in excess of €24m for the 19-year-old, the report suggests that with Rabiot refusing to train until he’s granted a move away, they are now willing to negotiate a deal at a much lower fee.
The newspaper states that the midfielder has already agreed terms in principal over a long-term contract with Arsenal and the players agent and mother is in London to put the finishing touches on a move to the Emirates.
The likes of Chelsea and Roma are also believed to have been interested, but a personal phone call from Arsene Wenger appears to have sealed the deal, with the boss persuading the player to join Arsenal.
Arsene has made no secret of his desire to bring in a defensive-minded player who can play at centre-back and in the defensive midfield position, and Rabiot is an excellent fit as he’s capable of playing in both positions.
The French under-21 international is highly-rated in his homeland and although he may not be the established world class player some fans are calling out for, he certainly has the talent to go and be be one of the best holding midfielders in Europe.
We’ll have to see how much truth there is behind these reports but it looks like Rabiot is the most likely player to join the club before Monday nights deadline, and I think he’d be an excellent addition. Hopefully we can get this one over the line and then concentrate on bringing in another striker before the window closes.