- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
TWEETS: Ozil, Ramsey + Chambers React On Twitter To Besiktas Draw
Arsenal were held to a 0-0 draw by Besiktas in Istanbul on Tuesday night after a frustrating first leg in our Champions League play off clash.
The referee was poor all game and the pitch was even worse, but we almost won in at the death when Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain came off the bench to hit the post with a fine individual effort.
It wasn’t Aaron Ramsey’s night as the Welshman got himself sent off for two bookable offences, with the midfielder penalised for two shirt pulls. They were both pretty harsh decisions but it was still a stupid way for Rambo to get himself dismissed and he’ll now miss the return leg at the Emirates next week.
However, Calum Chambers continued to impress with another fine performance at the back on his Champions League debut. He looks like he’s going to be an excellent signing for the club.
After the game, Ramsey, Chambers and Mesut Ozil – who didn’t feature as he’s still working his way back to full fitness – all took to Twitter to react to the game. Here’s what the boys had to say.
Thank you to all the fans that made the trip. Sorry for the red card. I'm sure the lads will do the job in the second leg
— Aaron Ramsey (@aaronramsey) August 19, 2014
Great experience playing my 1st champions league game! shame we didn't get a better result but all to play for back at The Emirates #AFC
— Calum Chambers (@CalumChambers95) August 19, 2014
— Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) August 19, 2014