- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Campbell Starts: Arsenal Starting XI To Face Crystal Palace
Football returns tomorrow as Arsenal take on Crystal Palace at the Emirates on Saturday evening. Here is the team I’d like to see Arsene Wenger go with.
David Ospina is injured so Wojciech Szczesny is guaranteed to start in goal.
Mathieu Debuchy and Kieran Gibbs are certs to start in the full-back roles, while Calum Chambers is in-line to make his competitive debut as Per Mertesacker isn’t match fit having only returned to training on Monday.
Thankfully, Arsene says Laurent Koscielny should pass a late fitness test on an Achilles injury to take his place in defence.
With no new defensive midfielder on board yet, it leaves us with a hole to fill in front of the defence. Mikel Arteta is likely to start but I’d go with Jack Wilshere alongside Aaron Ramsey.
We suddenly have a lot of options in attack and I’d love to see Arsene go for it with pace! Olivier Giroud is probably going to spearhead the attack but I’d go with Alexis Sanchez through the middle as this would allow The Ox to start on the right wing.
With Mesut Ozil not available yet, I’d go with Santi Cazorla in the ‘hole’ which would leave room for Joel Campbell to start on the left. This would give us some serious pace in the team and with Santi supplying the killer passes, we would cause Palace all sorts of problems.
Here’s how my team would line-up:
In reality, I’d expect the boss to start Arteta and Giroud instead of The Ox and Campbell, but I’d love to see us start the season on a positive note by going with youth and pace.
Palace are in turmoil after Tony Pulis left the club, so let’s take advantage and get an early win on the board tomorrow.
What team would you pick for the game?