- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal ‘Table €10m Offer’ For 16-Goal Attacker – Report
Arsenal have made a shock move for Hoffenheim’s highly-rated attacker Firmino with reports today claiming that we’ve tabled a €10m bid for the Chelsea and Liverpool target.
Firmino has just enjoyed an excellent season in the Bundesliga, scoring 16 goals and picking up 11 assists in a very average Hoffenheim side that finished down in ninth position.
His impressive form led to interest from Chelsea and Liverpool earlier this year, while Inter Milan are also understood to have tried to take the 22-year-old on loan, but Hoffenheim are only interested in a straight cash sale if they receive a bid they deem as to good to be true.
The Express claim that Arsenal have now made contact with the German club and table a €10m (£8m) bid. However, it’s believed the offer falls short of their valuation and is likely to be rejected.
Firmino is a versatile attacking midfielder who plays in the hole, out wide and can even play up front if needed. Our supposed interest is a little surprising as an attacking midfielder is probably the last thing we need to add to the squad right now.
But if we have tabled this offer, then it indicates that maybe someone like Lukas Podolski could be leaving, or Arsene has plans to play Firmino as a striker. Either way, it looks like we’ll have to increase our offer if we want to bring the Brazilian to the Emirates this summer.