Arsenal’s £29m Pursuit STILL ON As Agent Opens Door To Move

By on June 27, 2014

Arsenal’s pursuit of Mario Balotelli is still on after the £29m-rated strikers agent hit out at AC Milan, opening the door to a summer move.

We’ve been strongly linked with Balotelli this summer and reports last week suggested Arsene Wenger had held talks with the players agent, Mino Raiola, in Brazil about the finer details of a possible £29m move to the Emirates.

AC Milan chief Barbara Berlusconi then hinted a move could be on the cards after claiming the 23-year-old was ‘replaceable’, but CEO Adriano Galliani soon dismissed suggestions Balotelli would be sold after he insisted yesterday that he would remain at the San Siro.

However, Balotelli’s agent has now once again cast doubt over the players future after hitting out at AC Milan’s hierarchy and saying the striker is ‘sad’ and ‘desperate’. Raiola told reporters:

“Mario is sad, desperate,”

“Only Galliani has defended him while the FIGC (Italian football federation) remains absolutely silent.

“I appreciate Galliani’s comments but now I want to respond to Barbara Berlusconi.

“If for her Mario is replaceable, she should set up a meeting in the club’s headquarters and we will find a solution, just as I am used to doing.

“I remember that Mario had other important offers.

“He (Balotelli) is at Milan because of his heart – her (Berlusconi), I don’t know.” [source: Express]

As I said yesterday when Galliani ruled out a sale, things can change quickly in football and if Balotelli isn’t happy at AC Milan, then he’ll push for a move away this summer.

We obviously need at least one striker this summer and although I have my doubts over whether Balotelli and his poor temperament are the right fit for the club, he’s still a hugely talented player who would improve our squad.

So we’ll have to see what happens but I have a feeling Arsene isn’t in any rush over getting his business done quickly, so we might be in for a long wait before our ‘marquee’ signing is made.



  1. S j little

    June 27, 2014 at 5:36 pm

    Last striker on the planet Arsenal should go for, not Arsenal class of player

  2. Pingback: Striker 'Desperate' To Push Through £29m Move To Arsenal Next Week | Arsenal Station | Arsenal FC News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>