- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Done Deal! Swiss Striker Will Join Arsenal This Summer, Claims German Legend
German legend Lothar Matthaus caused quite the stir on social media last night after claiming that Swiss striker Josip Drmic will join Arsenal this summer.
The 21-year-old has been hugely impressive in the Bundesliga with Nurnberg this season, where he’s scored 16 goals in just 27 appearances since arriving from FC Zurich in August.
Reports in recent weeks have suggested that Arsene has sent his scouts to watch the talented youngster, and now it appears we may have made our move to bring him to the Emirates.
German legend Lothar Matthaus was working as a pundit on German TV last night when he claimed that Drmic is on his way to Arsenal with his wife already house-hunting in London. He said:
“I know for a fact that his wife is looking for a flat in London. I assume that Drmic will finish the season with Nurnberg hopefully successful and Nurnberg will sell him afterwards with a good profit – in this case to Arsenal.”
The quotes quickly spread on Twitter last night and well known pundit and agent, Jan Aage Fjortoft, confirmed the news:
My #sky colleague Lothar Matthäus just said on Sky: -Drmic's wife has been looking for an appartment in London. Drmic will be Arsenal-player
— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) March 29, 2014
Various reports are speculating on the kind of fee we might pay with suggestions ranging from £4m – £8m, while some claim he has a buy out clause of just £2m if Nurnberg are relegated this season, which could be a possibility with the club currently sitting 15th – just 2 points clear of the drop zone.
Drmic is certainly an exciting talent but like many fans, I hope he won’t be the only striker we sign this summer if this news proves accurate. With Bendtner leaving we need to bring in two strikers, so I think we still need a world class hitman as well if Drmic does make the move to the Emirates.