- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Hoping To Announce Quadruple Deal This Month
Arsenal are hoping to soon announce a quadruple deal that will see Arsene Wenger, Per Mertesacker, Bacary Sagna and Tomas Rosicky commit their future’s to the club, according to the Evening Standard.
Much has been written about the future of Wenger in recent months as his deal expires at the end of the season but he hinted last week that he had already agreed to extend his stay at the Emirates.
Many newspapers suggested the boss was delaying making an official announcement until we had also agreed deals for some key players who’s future’s are in doubt, namely Rosicky, Sagna and Mertesacker.
Rosicky’s contract expires at the end of the season but the Czech international is a real fan favourite at the club and has been in excellent form this season, so fully warrants a new deal.
Whether the club will be willing to give the 33-year-old more than a 12 month extension is likely to be a sticking point though as Rosicky could get a two-year deal elsewhere and with his previous injury worries, you wouldn’t blame him for opting to secure another year’s pay packet.
Sagna is also in the final year of his contract and there is little doubt we’re desperate to tie him to a fresh deal. We’ve apparently offered him a two-year contract – a rarity for a player over 30 – but the likes of PSG, Monaco and Galatasaray are all willing to offer more money and a longer contract.
The longer Sagna goes without signing an extension, the more likely it becomes that he’ll be tempted away and it would be a real shame if we lost a player of his caliber due to contract issues again.
Mertesacker is reported to have all-but agreed a new two-year extension that will tie him to the club until 2017, which is just reward for his superb form over the past 12 months. The sooner he’s made captain the better!
So it seems like Wenger and Per have agreed new deals, but Rosicky and Sagna are proving harder to tie down. The Evening Standard’s report suggests the club are hopeful of making a breakthrough over the coming weeks and want to announce a quadruple deal much in the same way we did just over a year ago when Wilshere, The Oxe, Gibbs, Jenks and Ramsey all signed extensions.