- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal Transfer News: Michu & Ranocchia
With the January window approaching the transfer gossip is hotting up and today we bring you news of Arsenal being linked with Andrea Ranocchia and Michu.
According to reports, Arsene Wenger is showing an interest in Italian defender Ranocchia – who is set to leave Inter Milan next month after falling out of favour under boss Walter Mazzarri.
However, it appears we’re going to face stiff competition for the players signature with the Express claiming that Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is also keen on the 25-year-old and is planning to raid his former side and lure the centre-back to Stamford Bridge.
While Ranocchia is a decent player and would add some depth to our defence, I’m not sure a centre-back will be Wenger’s priority in January so I wouldn’t be getting too excited by the Express’s report. It’s more than likely just an agent trying to drum up interest in his client ahead of the transfer window.
However, a striker should certainly be on the managers agenda next month and a familiar face is once again being linked with a move to the Emirates.
The Metro are carrying quotes from Swansea hitman, Michu, who admits he is dreaming of playing for a club in the Champions League and challenges for honours.
‘Every player dreams about playing in big teams, clubs who play in the Champions League and fight for titles,’ said Michu.
‘I am no different.
‘I’m very happy at Swansea but it is obvious that every player wants to grow up and see how far you can go.’
Of course this automatically means he’s linked with Arsenal, as the newspaper suggests that Arsene Wenger may now renew his interest next month after apparently considering buying the 27-year-old in the summer.
The newspaper claims that Wenger has sent his scouts to keep an eye on the Spaniard on several occasions this season and suggest the Swans will demand at least £15m for his services.
Michu has struggled to replicate his form of last season, where he scored 22 goals to help Swansea lift the Capital One Cup with niggling injuries hampering his progress this campaign, but I still think he’d be an excellent addition to the squad.
He has Premier League experience and certainly has the ability to play in our system. He has excellent feet and could link up well with the likes of Ozil, Cazorla and Ramsey.
The lad clearly wants to try his luck at a higher level before he gets too old, so I’d love to see us put a cheeky bid in next month.
What player would you like Wenger to buy in January?