- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s 1-1 Draw With Everton
Arsenal were held to a 1-1 draw by Everton at the Emirates on Sunday afternoon. Gerard Deulofeu cancelled out Mesut Ozil’s opener and in the end a draw was probably a fair result in what was an excellent football match.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 7/10 – Some may say he was a little at fault for their goal but the ball was smashed past him from close range so I don’t think he could have done too much to prevent it. Made some good saves before denying Lukaku a late winner with a brave stop at his feet.
Jenkinson 7/10 – Looked a little shaky at times and didn’t offer a lot going forward, but still manage to put in a decent display overall.
Gibbs 7/10 – Could perhaps have done more to prevent Deulofeu getting a shot on goal, but was otherwise steady.
Mertesacker 7.5/10 – Composed display by the German centre-back. Never put a foot wrong.
Koscielny 8/10 – Battled hard against the powerful Lukaku. With the exception once near the end, the Frenchman kept the striker pretty quiet.
Arteta 6/10 – His lack of pace was exposed a bit today. Looked a little ‘leggy’ and lost possession needlessly a few times.
Ramsey 6.5/10 – Not really his day. Was quieter than usual and was wasteful in possession early on, although did force a decent save from Howard with a volley in the second half.
Wilshere 6.5/10 – Below par display from Jack. He showed some nice touches in the first half but looked a little tired.
Cazorla 6/10 – Headed straight at Howard from close range and was largely on the edge of the game.
Ozil 8/10 – Finished off his goal well and was sublime at times. Stepped up in recent games.
Giroud 7/10 – Missed a one-on-one with Howard in the first half with the goalkeeper saving well and almost won it in the final minute with a thunderous 25-yard effort. Worked hard as always.
Walcott 7/10 – Set up the goal with a header and looked lively when he came on.
Flamini 7/10 – Barked orders at his team-mates as soon as he came on. Really feel he should start ahead of Arteta against Man City.
Rosicky 7/10 – Had a hand in the goal with his cross finding Walcott.
Overall it was a decent point against a very impressive Everton side and we’re five points clear at the top of the Premier League table.
What were your ratings? Were you happy with the result?