- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger Eyes £15m Winger But Faces Competition From Chelsea & Man Utd
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is keen on Ukrainian winger Yevhen Konoplyanka and will send his scouts to watch the player against France tomorrow night, according to reports.
The 24-year-old is regarded as the greatest talent of his generation in his homeland and is understandably attracting interest from all over Europe after some excellent displays for both club and country.
He currently plays for Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk and is expected to start for Ukraine against France in the first leg of their World Cup play-off on Friday night, and a number of scouts will be in the stands.
Among them will be representatives from Arsenal with Wenger believed to be weighting-up a bid this winter after registering his interest, but we’ll face competition from the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd who are also understood to be monitoring the attacker.
The Daily Star claim an unnamed club saw a £10m offer turned down in the summer with Dnipro demanding £15m for Konoplyanka’s services, and the players agent, James Lippett, is expecting further interest in January:
“We are aware of the interest from a number of Europe’s major clubs.
“This is only normal when you are talking about a star player like Konoplyanka.
“He can do things on a football pitch that very few players can come close to, so we are expecting an interesting January.” Lippett is quoted as saying in the Star
I haven’t seen too much of Konoplyanka but I do remember watching him score a screamer against England at Wembley in the World Cup qualifier, and he looked like a skillful winger who has bags of confidence.
However, I’m not convinced Wenger will go for him in January as we don’t really need that type of player, particularly with Lukas Podolski, The Ox and Theo Walcott expected back from injury soon.
What type of player do you think we need to buy in January?