- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Wenger To Bid £6m For AC Milan Hitman
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is lining-up a £6m bid for long-term transfer target M’Baye Niang, according to reports today.
The striker was on Wenger’s radar in 2012 when he was looking to leave French outfit Caen and it was reported he even came to the club for a short trial.
However, a deal failed to materialise and Niang eventually signed for AC Milan in August 2012 for an undisclosed fee.
After a promising start to life at the San Siro, things have turned sour for the 18-year-old this season and he currently finds himself out-of-favour under boss Massimiliano Allegri with Balotelli, Matri, Robinho and El Shaawary all ahead of him in the pecking order.
It seems Arsenal could be ready to offer him an escape route with the Express claiming Wenger is lining-up a £6m bid when the transfer window re-opens in January.
Our lack of options up front has been well documented so it’s no surprise we’re being linked with strikers and Niang is certainly a talent, but he’s very raw and I’m not convinced he’s ready to command a first team place any time soon.
If we’re still fighting for the title come January, I think we need to go big and sign a proven striker who can really give us the edge during the final months of the season.
What striker would you like to see us sign this winter?