- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
RATINGS: Arsenal 1-2 Dortmund: Unlucky But Not Enough Going Forward
A disappointing night at the Emirates as we lost 2-1 with Robert Lewandowski netting the winner in the 82nd minute, even though he was lucky to still be on the pitch.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 6/10 – Could he have done better for the opener? It was hardly smashed past him and it looked like he went too early and was wrong footed. Otherwise he was untested and could do little for the winner.
Sagna 6/10 – After a couple of poor efforts he finally delivered a dangerous cross and we got our rewards with the equaliser. Has to take his share of the blame for their winner as he left his right-back slot unguarded which allowed Lewandowski to wander in and slot home.
Gibbs 6.5/10 – Was having a good game until he committed himself high up the pitch which left space for Grosskreutz to roam into and set up the winner.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Steady game from the big German and kept Lewandowski pretty quiet until the winner.
Koscielny 7/10 – Made some important interceptions and his pace helped us out on a few occasions.
Arteta 7.5/10 – Excellent in the first half and was our most consistent performer over the 90 minutes, making some vital tackles.
Ramsey 5/10 – His worst performance of the season. Very poor decision to hang on to the ball on the edge of his own box, got robbed and they scored. Too much confidence?
Rosicky 6/10 – Lively first half and was unlucky not to score with a well hit effort from the edge of the box, but faded as the game went on.
Ozil 6/10 – Subdued display from our German super star. Only really came alive when Santi came on.
Wilshere 6/10 – Pretty poor from Jack on the whole. He was showing signs of quality before he was forced off, once again with an ankle injury.
Giroud 7/10 – Was excellent in the first half and got his reward with a goal, but hardly got in the game in the second half and wasn’t the focal point he was during the first 45.
Cazorla 7.5/10 – Made a HUGE impact. Immediately increased the tempo and went close with a lovely curling effort that hit the bar.
Bendtner N/A – on too late.
Gnabry N/A – on too late.
On the whole it was a below par performance and we seemed to lack a little something in the final third, particularly when Santi wasn’t on the field. We didn’t deserve to lose but we didn’t create enough to warrant winning the game. Hopefully this is a minor blip and we bounce back against Palace.
What were your thoughts on the game?