- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Higuain En-Route To London For Medical After £23m Fee Agreed
Gonzalo Higuain’s protracted move to Arsenal is inching closer by the day with the Guardian one of several outlets reporting that the striker is on his way to London to undergo a medical after we agreed a £23m deal with Real Madrid.
After weeks of negotiations which saw the two clubs clash over a fee, with Arsenal believed to be refusing to meet Madrid’s £25.5m asking price, it seems we’ve finally had a breakthrough with the newspaper claiming a £23m deal has now been agreed.
Higuain’s father, and agent, Jorge confirmed they have been given permission to talk with the Gunners, although slightly worryingly he also hinted that Juventus may still be in the running for his sons services:
“We have been given permission by Real Madrid to negotiate with Arsenal. With luck I will see my son in the Premier League soon.”
“There isn’t anything signed yet, but the negotiations are very advanced. We haven’t spoken about the contract yet. Arsenal have made a great offer, in the same way as Juventus.”
Hopefully Higuain senior was talking in the past tense, as in Juventus did submit a great offer – but one that was rejected by Real Madrid – as I think Gooners would explode if he ends up heading to Turin instead of north London.
The Guardian seem confident it’s a ‘done deal’ though and they say the 25-year-old is now expected to land in London soon to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms – although other reports claim we’ve already agreed a three-year deal worth £100,000-a-week and he could be revealed as an Arsenal player as early as Friday, but this may just be conjecture at this point.
Check out more Arsenal transfer news
It’s getting closer Gooners, hopefully it wont be too much longer until we see Higuain holding an Arsenal shirt on Arsenal.com!