Perez: “We Don’t Want Higuain To Leave, Arsenal Have NOT Made Any Offer”

By on July 8, 2013

Soooooo, yet another twist in the long-running Gonzalo Higuain saga and it doesn’t sound like good news Arsenal fans.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has now come out and dismissed speculation claiming the striker is set for a move to the Emirates and insists the Spanish club don’t want him to leave this summer. What’s even more worrying, is that Perez also claims we’ve not even made a bid for the 25-year-old.

According to Sky Sports News, the Madrid supremo said:

“We don’t want Higuain to leave.

“What’s more no-one from Arsenal has come to us and made us any offers at all for him. There are no offers on the table.”

This is completely contradictory to what we’ve been lead to believe by various media outlets over the past few weeks. First we were told that we were close to signing him, we were then told a £23m deal had been agreed and Higuain was understood to be on his way for a medical on Friday. Then news broke that suggested Madrid had upped the ante at the last minute demanding we pay nearer £27m and just this morning we read that Carlo Ancelotti was hoping to hold talks with the striker next Monday to persuade him to stay at the Bernabeu.

Do I believe what Perez is telling us? No. I feel this is all part of the game they’re playing. Far too many respected newspapers and journalists have claimed our interest is real and bids have gone in. I think the summary above is just about accurate and Madrid are now playing the whole ‘we don’t want to sell’ card in order to try and force us into paying their new asking price.

Remember, Higuain announced after Madrid’s final game of the season that he was off this summer and very little has happened that would change his mind.

Whats-more, Spanish newspaper Sport claimed today that Higuain is still determined to leave and has asked his agents to push through a move this week before he’s due to return to pre-season training next Monday, so let’s hope that report is accurate and we’re still in with a great shout of landing the talented striker.

If this all goes pair shaped and we end up either with no new striker or someone like Darren Bent, god help Arsene, Gazidis and the rest of the Arsenal board. As the Kaiser Chiefs once said: ‘ I predict a riot’

Check out more Arsenal transfer news

What do you make of Perez’s comments? Do you think we’ll end up getting Higuain?



  1. Olokodanaolumuyiwa

    July 8, 2013 at 8:54 pm

    This is unbelievable….so wenger has been fooling us all dis while…..dis is an insulence…disgrace2 all arsenal board shame on u all….am highly disappointed…

    • james

      July 8, 2013 at 9:44 pm

      Sorry but has Wenger even said he has bid for Higuain, or that he is interested in him? No, so behave yourself you idiot.

  2. Desmond

    July 8, 2013 at 9:08 pm

    Why is it that Arsene,Gazidis and the rest of the board find it so difficult to spend money, even when fans know that the money is there to land a quality striker like Gonzalo?

    Wenger sold RVP last season for 24 Million pounds or so and he still finds it difficult to pay a whooping 25 Million or 27 Million for a 25 year old striker, who is 5 years younger than RVP??????? As a fan, am sick to my stomach with all this football politics going on behind the curtains at the Emirates. Can’t there be a vote of no confidence taken over this board, cos from where i stand wenger and the board are comfortable where they are right nnow.

  3. jo

    July 8, 2013 at 9:34 pm

    i reckon it was better if we finished 6th or 5th.. with wenger in the champions league its guaranteed no player will join… this is pathetic really

  4. jamescadar

    July 8, 2013 at 9:36 pm

    Listen let’s not get dis season long tickets let d. stadium just b empty I tink dat will wake dem up n tell dem dat d fanz r mad @ dem. Unless we do sumfin drastic, these fuys will continue to play on our inteligence. Bunch of liers!

  5. Ian Hawthorne

    July 8, 2013 at 9:40 pm

    Come on this is media bullshit/ dirty tactics by Perez in reply to our “bid” for Suarez.
    Even Podolski and Wilshere are quoted as being aware in Arsenal’s interest in Higuain

  6. MUNGO

    July 8, 2013 at 9:44 pm

    I’m kinda hoping they pull there finger out, we seem to be shifting the dead wood.Fingers crossed they prove us wrong, and Wenger and gazdis count there coppers out..or will be spun the same old lines… Diaby is coming back from injury. ” he be like a new signing ” .. Well Intill he breaks dwn two weeks later.. And dont panic we still got chamakh he is mustard..

  7. nicky

    July 8, 2013 at 9:49 pm

    All this rubbish about Higuain and others, only goes to emphasise how important it is for fans of Arsenal to await any signings details from Arsenal.com and nowhere else.
    It’s so easy for false or imaginative information to be spread by those who have idle hands.

    • jordan gooner

      July 8, 2013 at 10:06 pm

      I completely agree with yoj. The mediia are unaware of the situation. Arsenal always follow the rules
      Real have a terrible reputation for tranfers and playing dirty tricks from the President downwards.
      Arsensl have a record that when we have the money, we always get our man!

  8. Atin

    July 8, 2013 at 9:52 pm

    I am not surprised. AW and his board had developed new tactics of taking us all along the garden path: there was no plan to sign any player close to the amount of $27m ab-initio.That was why AW went and collected Sonogo.And besides, it sounds very un-AW to flirt with expensive players like Suarez and Rooney.In the end, the poor Arsenal followers would resign themselves to thinking that most teams do not like to do business with Arsenal.
    I really think that AW should be retired.Granted he is synonymous with Arsenal, but with time we might be luckier to find another more acceptable AW. After all, AW has never won the Champions league which is a hallmark of the BIGGIES!

  9. Adam

    July 8, 2013 at 9:52 pm

    this is just bullshit posturing. SkyBet have him 1-8 on. Higuan’s Dad has made clear statements, as has Wenger. Perez is just trying to scare Wenger into paying a bit more, Wenger is pretending he really wants Suarez, to make Perez bank what he can, or maybe all these reports are just lies to gain extra ‘clicks’ from small time media outlets?
    I trust the bookies. They seldom offer odds that fail to attract money if they’re not going to happen. No one is excited by 1-8 on.

  10. G. HIGUAIN

    July 8, 2013 at 10:34 pm

    What the f#ck is going on?

  11. GoonerEris

    July 8, 2013 at 10:49 pm

    Arsenal fans are so gullible and easily manipulated by the media, putting out stuff there. Firstly, Arsene hasn’t quite stated that we were in for Higuain so why are the toys flying out the prams? Secondly, since when did Florentino Perez begin to be taken seriously with his transfer antics well documented? Are we to believe that Higuain’s father/agent was ‘drunk’ when he stated that he now had Madrid’s permission to speak with Arsenal? Indeed, there was a discussion and Perez may be grandstanding on the Fee when he declared that Arsenal has not put in a bid for the player. What’s to say should Higuain be announced in the next 2 days?
    Patience is the word here, after all, United have been “announcing” Thiago for as long as we have been on hig’s trail. I hardly hear them sounding off about how they are entitled to such and such a signing. Spoilt brats is what you are.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>