- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Video: Middlesbrough 1-2 Arsenal: Sanchez stunner sinks Boro
Arsenal finally got back to winning ways on the road as we edged to a 2-1 victory over Middlesbrough at the Riverside tonight.
As expected, it was a cagey start to the game and we struggled to create any clear-cut chances during the opening forty-five minutes as the players got to grips with the new formation.
However, we still managed to snatch the lead just before the break as Alexis Sanchez curled home a superb free-kick in the 42nd minute.
It wasn’t long after the restart before Boro levelled things up as more poor defensive play allowed Downing to find Negredo and the striker made it 1-1 in the 50th minute.
We restored our lead in the 71st minute and it was a lovely goal as Sanchez found Aaron Ramsey and the Welshman chested down for Mesut Ozil to lash home for 1-2.
We held out to secure the win which sees us move level on points with Everton while Man City are now seven points ahead having played one more game.
Here are the goals: