- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
Arsenal appear to have been dealt a fresh injury blow with reports today claiming that Lucas Perez has been ruled out for six weeks with an ankle injury.
Perez has endured a frustrating start to life at the Emirates following his £17m move from Deportivo La Coruna in the summer as he’s made just three starts for the first team so far.
His latest run out came during our 2-0 victory over Reading in the EFL Cup on Tuesday night but the 28-year-old was forced off after 72nd minutes following a hefty challenge form Danzell Gravenberch.
The Metro are now citing reports coming out of Spain that claim after undergoing tests to determine the full extent of the injury, Perez has been ruled out for six weeks after ankle ligament damage was confirmed.
We’ll have to wait for official news regarding the injury from Arsenal and Arsene Wenger should offer an update at his press confernece on Friday ahead of this weekend’s trip to Sunderland.
However, it will be a real blow if Perez has been ruled out for six weeks and it will further limit our options up front with Danny Welbeck still out and Chuba Akpom recently ruled out until the New Year.
The good news is that Olivier Giroud made his long-awaited return in midweek but it’s going to take him some time to get back up to full speed so with Perez now on the sidelines, we’re hugely reliant on Alexis Sanchez for the next few weeks.