- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
Arsenal appear to have been dealt a fresh injury blow with reports today claiming that Lucas Perez has been ruled out for six weeks with an ankle injury.
Perez has endured a frustrating start to life at the Emirates following his £17m move from Deportivo La Coruna in the summer as he’s made just three starts for the first team so far.
His latest run out came during our 2-0 victory over Reading in the EFL Cup on Tuesday night but the 28-year-old was forced off after 72nd minutes following a hefty challenge form Danzell Gravenberch.
The Metro are now citing reports coming out of Spain that claim after undergoing tests to determine the full extent of the injury, Perez has been ruled out for six weeks after ankle ligament damage was confirmed.
We’ll have to wait for official news regarding the injury from Arsenal and Arsene Wenger should offer an update at his press confernece on Friday ahead of this weekend’s trip to Sunderland.
However, it will be a real blow if Perez has been ruled out for six weeks and it will further limit our options up front with Danny Welbeck still out and Chuba Akpom recently ruled out until the New Year.
The good news is that Olivier Giroud made his long-awaited return in midweek but it’s going to take him some time to get back up to full speed so with Perez now on the sidelines, we’re hugely reliant on Alexis Sanchez for the next few weeks.