- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
[Photos] Forgotten Arsenal man makes long-awaited injury comeback
Forgotten Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson made his long-awaited comeback from injury last night after turning out for the under-23 side.
Jenkinson has been on the sidelines since suffering a serious knee ligament injury back in January while on loan at West Ham and has been out for over nine months.
The right-back worked hard during his rehabilitation and was finally able to return to full training earlier this month after being given the all-clear but club doctors.
Arsene Wenger confirmed on Thursday that Jenks was ready to play his first game of the season and he started for the Arsenal under-23′s against Southampton on Friday night.
The 24-year-old played for just over an hour before being replaced by Chiori Johnson as we were held to a 0-0 draw by the south coast club.
It’s great to see Jenkinson back playing again and hopefully he can play a few more games for the under-23′s before trying to push for a place in the first team squad.
Obviously it’s going to be extremely difficult for him to replace Hector Bellerin but hopefully Jenks can get a few games in the cups and act as back-up for the Spaniard this season.
Here are some photos of Jenkinson in action last night: