- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
[Photos] Forgotten Arsenal man makes long-awaited injury comeback
Forgotten Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson made his long-awaited comeback from injury last night after turning out for the under-23 side.
Jenkinson has been on the sidelines since suffering a serious knee ligament injury back in January while on loan at West Ham and has been out for over nine months.
The right-back worked hard during his rehabilitation and was finally able to return to full training earlier this month after being given the all-clear but club doctors.
Arsene Wenger confirmed on Thursday that Jenks was ready to play his first game of the season and he started for the Arsenal under-23’s against Southampton on Friday night.
The 24-year-old played for just over an hour before being replaced by Chiori Johnson as we were held to a 0-0 draw by the south coast club.
It’s great to see Jenkinson back playing again and hopefully he can play a few more games for the under-23’s before trying to push for a place in the first team squad.
Obviously it’s going to be extremely difficult for him to replace Hector Bellerin but hopefully Jenks can get a few games in the cups and act as back-up for the Spaniard this season.
Here are some photos of Jenkinson in action last night: