- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal duo recalled to England squad but Wilshere misses out
Arsenal duo Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have been recalled to the England squad by interim boss Gareth Southgate ahead of their World Cup qualifiers.
Walcott has rediscovered his best form during the early part of this season with 5 goals so far and has been rightly rewarded with a call-up to the Three Lions squad.
Oxlade-Chamberlain is perhaps more of a surprise as he’s not been a regular under Arsene Wenger so far and has hardly set the world alight but Southgate has seen enough to hand him a place in his 23-man squad.
England host Malta next week before travelling to Slovenia three days later and Walcott and The Ox will be hoping to get some game-time but there is no place in the squad for on-loan midfielder Jack Wilshere while Kieran Gibbs also misses out.
Here is the full squad: