- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
- Euro giants accept Arsenal’s £25m attacker bid – reports
- Arsenal ready swoop for £30m Serie A attacker, player wants PL move
Arsenal duo named in Champions League Team of the Week
Arsenal duo Alexis Sanchez and Theo Walcott have been named in the WhoScored? Champions League Team of the Week following their excellent performances against Basel on Wednesday night.
Walcott opened the scoring with a close range header after being teed-up by a superb Sanchez cross before the pair combined again to see Theo fire home off the post to secure the three points against the Swiss champions.
Sanchez’s superb all round performance has earned him a WhoScored? rating of 9.14 which not only sees him named in the TOTW but he also secured the highest rating in the Champions League this week.
Walcott’s impressive brace saw him receive a score of 9.06 which was enough to see him join Sanchez in the Team of the Week, capping off what was another excellent week for the rejuvenated Englishman.
However, somehow Shkodran Mustafi has missed out on a place in the defence despite securing a rating of 8.40 following his superb performance at the back against Basel.
WhoScored? have named Zanka [8.31] and Varane [8.22] as the centre-backs in their TOTW despite both players receiving lower ratings than Mustafi. I can only assume this is an oversight from WhoScored? so we should technically have three players in the team.
It could even have been four but Santi Cazorla narrowly missed out on a place with his score of 8.00 not quite good enough to oust Fernandinho [8.13] or Verratti [8.28].
Here is the full team: