- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Arsenal duo named in Champions League Team of the Week
Arsenal duo Alexis Sanchez and Theo Walcott have been named in the WhoScored? Champions League Team of the Week following their excellent performances against Basel on Wednesday night.
Walcott opened the scoring with a close range header after being teed-up by a superb Sanchez cross before the pair combined again to see Theo fire home off the post to secure the three points against the Swiss champions.
Sanchez’s superb all round performance has earned him a WhoScored? rating of 9.14 which not only sees him named in the TOTW but he also secured the highest rating in the Champions League this week.
Walcott’s impressive brace saw him receive a score of 9.06 which was enough to see him join Sanchez in the Team of the Week, capping off what was another excellent week for the rejuvenated Englishman.
However, somehow Shkodran Mustafi has missed out on a place in the defence despite securing a rating of 8.40 following his superb performance at the back against Basel.
WhoScored? have named Zanka [8.31] and Varane [8.22] as the centre-backs in their TOTW despite both players receiving lower ratings than Mustafi. I can only assume this is an oversight from WhoScored? so we should technically have three players in the team.
It could even have been four but Santi Cazorla narrowly missed out on a place with his score of 8.00 not quite good enough to oust Fernandinho [8.13] or Verratti [8.28].
Here is the full team: