- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Photo] Arsenal’s Gabriel pictured leaving stadium on crutches
Gabriel has been snapped leaving the stadium on crutches after suffering a serious-looking ankle injury during Arsenal’s 3-2 win over Manchester City on Sunday evening.
The Brazilian went down in agony in the final minute after catching his studs in the ground and appeared to roll his ankle as he collapsed on the ground.
The 25-year-old was in tears as he received five minutes of treatment and we were fearing the worst as the physio’s applied a brace to his left ankle before stretchering him from the field.
Fans have been speculating over the seriousness of the injury with many feeling Gabriel may have broken his ankle given the length of treatment he received and the fact that a brace/splint was used.
However, a photo has emerged of the South American leaving the stadium on Sunday night on crutches, which suggests he hasn’t suffered any broken bones.
Arsene Wenger appeared to suggest during his interview with Arsenal.com after the game that Gabriel may have only suffered ligament damage and also revealed that the player will travel back with the rest of the squad.
Obviously this is a huge relief but ligament damage will still keep Gabriel on the sidelines for a number of weeks, so let’s hope for good news once the scan is done.
The immediate concern is who’ll start against Liverpool next Sunday but this latest injury means we desperately need to sign a top class centre-back asap.
Here is the photo of Gabriel leaving on crutches: