- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal star named in Team of the Week despite Man Utd horror show
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has been named in the WhoScored Premier League Team of the Week despite Arsenal’s horror show at Manchester United on Sunday afternoon.
We slumped to a disappointing 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford despite facing the worst United line-up in recent memory and the result has left our title challenge hanging in the balance.
While many of Arsene Wenger’s squad under-performed yesterday, Ozil was perhaps one of the only players who could leave Old Trafford with his head held high as the German international set up Danny Welbeck for his goal while he also got on the score-sheet himself with a decent 69th minute effort to make it 3-2.
Ozil’s performance earned him a WhoScored rating of 8.50 which was enough to see him named in the Team of the Week as the fourth highest scorer of the entire weekend.
Mesut has certainly been a shining light for us throughout the season but unfortunately it looks like he’s being let down by his team mates and we’re once again going to come up short in the title race unless we pull something special out the bag.
Here is the full Team of the Week.