- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal told they can sign top target for £20m
The Express are reporting that Arsenal have been told it will take an offer of £20m to persuade Southampton to cash-in on Victor Wanyama.
The boss is expected to wrap-up the signing of Mohamed Elneny over the coming days after FC Basel confirmed he’s been allowed to miss training to conclude a move away from the club.
However, the newspapers suggest that Arsene is still keen to bring in another more established central midfielder with Flamini and Rosicky set to leave when their contracts expire in June, while Arteta is set to go into a coaching role.
Wanyama has been widely touted as the Frenchman’s top target and the boss admitted last summer that he is a huge fan of the Kenyan international’s.
The Express claim that Arsene is contemplating a move for Wanyama this month as he wants to strengthen our midfield options with the likes of Wilshere, Coquelin, Arteta and Cazorla all enduring injury-plagued campaigns.
Saints boss Ronald Koeman insisted last month that the 24-year-old wouldn’t be sold this winter, however, the Express suggest that the Southampton board have slapped a £20m price-tag on his head.
In today’s market, that kind of money is more than reasonable for a player of Wanyama’s quality and experience so I highly doubt it will put Arsene off if he really wants to sign him.
Southampton have shown in the past that they will cash-in on their key players if the money is right so I’m sure there is a deal to be done for Wanyama.
However. my personal opinion is that Elneny will probably be the only midfield arrival at Arsenal this month and then we’ll go hard for Wanyama [or another target] in the summer when Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky are off the books.