- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Hoping To Secure Deal For Egyptian Playmaker – Reports
According to the Metro, Arsenal are hoping to see-off competition from AS Roma to secure a deal for highly-rated Egyptian playmaker Ramadan Sobhy.
We have a long-standing interest in the 17-year-old and reportedly invited the youngster for a trial at London Colney back in February but his club Al Ahly refused our approach as they believe he’s too good to have to undergo a trial [much like Zlatan Ibrahimovic].
However, it appears we’ve now renewed our interest as the Metro claim that Arsenal are looking to wrap-up a deal for the young attacker over the coming weeks.
We’ll face stiff competition from Roma – who are also showing a keen interest – but the newspaper suggests that Arsene Wenger is hopeful of beating the Italian outfit to Sobhy’s signature this summer.
We’ll have to wait and see if that turns out to be the case but Sobhy is certainly a big talent who has the potential to go on to have a fine career at the highest level.
The teenager has scored 7 goals in 22 matches for Al Ahly and has been dubbed as the ‘best youngster in Africa’ by some corners of the media.
He’s predominantly a left-sided attacker but is capable of playing anywhere across the front three positions. However, if we do end up signing him I’m sure Arsene and his scouts will assess his abilities before deciding on a final position.