- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
“It Would Be Nice To Move To Arsenal” – Midfielder Keen On Gunners
Midfielder Victor Wanyama has admitted he would be keen to join Arsenal this summer but acknowledges he’s still a Southampton player until they agree to sell him.
The boss is believed to be on the look-out for another defensive-minded midfielder and Wanyama is one of the names being touted in the media.
The Kenyan international has previously been quoted in the newspapers as saying Arsenal want to sign him this summer – although he later took to Twitter to play down the reports.
Wanyama has once again been speaking to the press, this time back in his homeland, and he’s admitted he would like to join Arsenal but knows he’s at the mercy of his current club:
“It would be nice to move to Arsenal,” he told Kenyan TV.
“At this moment, such decisions can only be made by Southampton and that is where my concentration as a player is.”
Wanyama has been excellent for the Saints since joining them from Celtic in 2013 and on his day, he’s an absolute beast of a player.
However, I’d still prefer to see his team-mate Morgan Schneiderlin come to Arsenal as he’s a better all-round player and he’s more comfortable on the ball.
I’d also take Arturo Vidal or Geoffrey Kondogbia over Wanyama, but if those three aren’t attainable then the Kenyan would be a decent alternative.