- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal In Pole Position To Sign £25m Ace, Deal Could Be Sealed Soon
According to the Telegraph, Arsenal are in pole position to sign Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin and a £25m deal could be completed soon after the end of the season.
We’ve been linked with Schneiderlin for well over a year and Arsene Wenger is widely believed to have made him one of his key summer targets.
Despite Francis Coquelin’s emergence in recent months, the boss confirmed last week that he’s still looking to bring in another holding midfielder and Schneiderlin is seemingly the man he wants.
It looks as though a deal is a real possibility as the Telegraph claim that while Tottenham remain in the running, Arsenal are firmly in pole position and could wrap-up a deal soon after the season is over.
Southampton want to keep the 25-year-old but understand that he’ll be sold as long as a suitable offer comes in, and the South Coast club are believed to be planning for life without the French international.
With Mikel Arteta and Abou Diaby out of contract next month, and Mathieu Flamini also expected to be on his way, we need to bring in more competition in midfield and I’ve said many times that Schneiderlin would be my No.1 choice, so hopefully the Telegraph have this one right.
The player has already gone public with his desire to play in the Champions League and I think he’d be a perfect fit for us. He’s got plenty of experience in the Premier League, is a strong tackler, is good on the ball and is physically strong, so let’s pray that Wenger pushes ahead with a deal this summer.