- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
Arsenal Close On Another Signing As Agent Flies In To Seal €20m Deal
Another update on the possible signing of Gabriel this evening with reports in Spain suggesting that the players agent has now flown to London to help push through the deal.
Reports this week have claimed we’re trying to thrash out a potential €20m (£15m) deal with Villarreal for the centre-back and Arsene Wenger admitted at his press conference today that talks were on-going.
The boss said he wanted to get a deal across the line this month and was hopeful of being granted a work permit – despite Gabriel not having a single Brazilian cap to his name.
Now, Marca are reporting that the 24-year-old’s agent has flown over to London from Spain to hold face-to-face talks with Arsenal officials to try and finalise terms, as it’s though we’re still just short of meeting Villarreal’s £15m asking price.
Gabriel has supposedly already agreed outline personal terms so once we can agree a fee then it will be a case of trying to gain a work permit through the appeal process.
It’s hit and miss but Arsenal can cite cases such as Willian when he moved to Chelsea as examples of where permits have been granted without the player meeting the quota of international caps.
It was certain odd for Arsene to be so open about a big-money deal such as this so I think we’re confident this deal will get done before the window closes. Let’s see how things progress….