- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Report: Striker Due In London Today To Undergo Medical
It’s starting to hot it in the transfer market with reports in Italy claiming that Mirko Vucinic is due to fly in to London today to undergo a medical after we agreed a six-month loan deal with Juventus.
The striker was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates earlier in the window before he was due to join Inter Milan as part of a swap deal with Fredy Guarin. The 30-year-old even had a medical with the San Siro club before Inter sensationally pulled out of the deal at the 11th hour, leaving Vucinic in limbo.
It seems we’ve now renewed our interest with Football Italia reporting that Arsenal officials have now agreed to take the striker on loan for the second half of the season and Vucinic is now due to fly in to London today to undergo his medical.
However, oddly, they suggest that the player is yet to agree to the move and will ‘consider his options’ AFTER he’s had the medical, while any deal is also dependent on Juventus being able to sign Dani Osvaldo from Southampton.
Osvaldo has been suspended by the Saints for headbutting team mate Fonte so a deal could certainly be reached there, but it’s curious as to why Vucinic will apparently consider his options after he’s had a medical.
Perhaps he’s not sold on the idea of coming to England and would prefer to stay in the Premier League, or maybe his nose has been put out of join because he knows he’s our back-up option in case we don’t sign Julian Draxler.
I’d personally like to see us bring in both Vucinic and Draxler as that would give us great depth in attack, while a central midfielder is also required following Ramsey’s set back, but I’m not convinced we’ll bring anybody in as the boss will just use The Ox in there.
We’ve got less than two days left to do business and the rumours are intensifying, it’s going to be interesting to see who we bring in.