- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Mandzukic Tipped For Arsenal Move After Bayern Fall Out
Amid all the talk about Arsenal agreeing a fee for Julian Draxler, there is some other interesting news doing the rounds in the newspapers today.
The Mirror are one outlet who are tipping Mario Mandzukic to make a move to Arsenal after being told he’s not part of Pep Guardiola’s long-term plans by Franz Beckenbauer.
The Croatian hitman has found first team football hard to come by this season under Guardiola with the former Barcelona man opting to play Thomas Muller or Mario Gotze in the ‘false 9′ striking role instead, and he’s going to drop further down the pecking order when Robert Lewandowski arrives in the summer.
An apparent fall-out led to the 27-year-old being left out of the Bayern squad entirely for last night’s 2-0 win over Borussia Moenchengladbach, and after the game president Beckenbauer dropped a major hint that the striker’s time at the Allianz Arena is up.
“I see Lewandowski in the attack, his playing style is suited for (Pep) Guardiola’s ideas than that of Manduzkic,” said the Bayern legend.
“There are even more reasons why he could leave – even without him, Guardiola could still count on Thomas Mueller and Mario Goetze in attack.”
Mandzukic has been linked with a switch to Arsenal in recent weeks and the Mirror claim we could now make a late move to try and lure him to the Emirates during the final week of the window.
He’d be a superb signing if we could pull it off and I actually think he would be an upgrade on Olivier Giroud. He was the focal point in Jupp Heynches treble-winning side last year and has still managed to score 12 goals in 20 appearances this season – despite many of those coming from the bench.
If there is any chance Bayern will sell – and judging by Beckenbauer’s comments, there is – then we should be straight on the phone to the Bundesliga giants and getting a deal done. This lad can bring us the title this year.