- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal On Verge Of Sealing €45m Draxler Deal – Report
Some interesting news coming out of Italy this evening with reports claiming that Arsenal are on the verge of agreeing a €45m deal with Schalke for Julian Draxler.
TuttoMercatoWeb are running an ‘exclusive’ suggesting that a deal is all-but agreed with Arsene Wenger giving the go-ahead to trigger the 20-year-old’s €45m (£37m) release clause.
Schalke apparently turned down our offer to include Lukas Podolski as part exchange but TMW claims that representatives from Arsenal will thrash out the finer details of the deal in Germany on Friday with Draxler on stand-by to fly to London as soon as he’s given permission.
This news comes after several British newspapers reported on Thursday morning that a delegation from Arsenal flew out to Germany to hold formal talks with Shalke, so there could actually be some foundation to this.
If this report from Italy is to be believed, it appears we’ve found a breakthrough in the talks and we could actually be close to signing Draxler.
However, as exciting as this news is, I’d take it with a pinch of salt until we hear something more concrete. I’m not sure how reliable TuttoMercatoWeb is and it’s not worth us getting our hopes up just yet.
I’m sure there will be more news on this potential deal, so I’ll bring you the latest when I hear it.
Come on Arsene, let’s get this deal done!!