- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Report: Arsenal Keen On £28m German Attacker
Among all the dubious transfer rumours surrounding Arsenal at present, this is one that I certainly hope has some foundation!
According to reports, Arsenal are interested in signing Borussia Dortmund attacker Marco Reus at the end of the season and will battle it out with Manchester United and Tottenham to try and lure him to England.
Reus is one of the most exciting talents in Europe and has been in excellent form since joining Dortmund 18 months ago, scoring an impressive 22 goals in 49 games, and the Metro claim he’d cost in the region of £28m.
That would be something of a bargain for a player of his talent and at 24, he’s still got his best years ahead of him. He’d also fit perfectly into our system and the thought of him linking up with the likes of Cazorla and Ozil is mouth-watering.
There’s no chance he’d join Spurs, so currently our biggest threat would be United if Reus wants to try his luck in the Premier League. Although I wouldn’t put it past Chelsea or City also entering the race if Dortmund agree to cash-in.
Nothing is going to happen in January so we’ll just have to see how things develop as we head into the summer. Fingers crossed we go for him as Reus would be a HUGE signing.